“Thank you so much for all you did to make the tree planting project at Soldier Hollow a great success. We appreciate you bringing the materials and tools and for taking time to teach the students about the process and about tree care. Your knowledge and passion really helped capture their interest and motivated them to be engaged in the activity.”
-Morgan Murdock, Principal of Soldier Hollow Charter School
Throughout the year, we provide education and hands-on learning for all demographics from kindergarten to college. Reach out to our Education Coordinator Jack Jacob at email@example.com if you would like to create a partnership. Some examples of our education projects include:
- Facilitating tree plantings at schoolyards across Utah with classes, clubs, after-school programs, or summer camps.
- We also provide grade-specific curriculum for teachers about trees and can do in-class presentations that tie into learning goals.
- Partnering with libraries to do tree-themed story times.
- Providing internships to high school and college students
For higher education and adults, we are happy to teach workshops, guided tree identification nature hikes, and host permaculture workdays at our EcoGarden.
Planting Trees at School
“I was very impressed with the presentation and the hands-on activity of planting the trees. My students were involved and engaged. They were also very excited that they got to name our tree.”
-Jackie Benavides 2nd Grade Teacher, Arcadia Elementary
Tree plantings at K-12 schools are a great way to educate your students about trees and empower them to take ownership of their own environment. TreeUtah will bring kid-sized tools, trees, mulch and a curriculum for planting the trees. We will also provide follow-up lessons that align with Utah Core standards that monitor the growth and health of the tree.
You can apply for our Tree Planting Grants below or if you have a business, you can contact us to sponsor a tree planting at a school of your choosing.
For more information please call 801-364-2122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
School Tree Planting Grants
TreeUtah’s School Tree Planting Grant is designed to provide financial, logistical, and staff support for public K-12 school tree planting projects. These planting projects have also had the added effect of empowering students to be stewards of their own environment. Students will learn about the benefits of trees, how to properly plant trees as well as how to take care of trees.
Any public school in Utah may apply. All trees must be planted on school grounds with students. TreeUtah staff will be present to direct planting and provide supplemental education. Moreover, all projects must have a long-term plan for watering and maintenance to give the trees the best chance of survival.
Applicants are asked to identify up to three desired planting dates. However, we cannot always accommodate preferred dates due to scheduling conflicts with other planting events. We ask that you please be flexible when scheduling a planting date.
Grant recipients will receive
- Before the planting event, a TreeUtah representative will finalize the planting location, number of trees and the species of tree for the space.
- Selected school will receive trees (usually between 3 and 10) depending on need, ability to care for new trees, and the number of student participants.
- Assistance with pre-planting preparation.
- Assistance with organizing and managing the tree planting event.
- An educational component held the day of the planting
For the Fall grant cycle, applications received before October 1st will be prioritized.
For the Spring grant cycle, we will prioritize applications received before March 1st.
To schedule a school visit or for more information regarding these programs, contact our Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 801-364-2122.